Frequently Asked Questions

Finance Questions

New around here ? Start With the Basics

In one word: Yes. Having a designated or certified accountant is very important, especially if you are a small business owner. You will most likely end up saving money in the end if you pay a little more for a designated or certified accountant. With their training and experience, they will surely find any possible errors that might otherwise cost you in overpaid taxes, penalties, and high-interest rates!

You are going to need several income and expense documents. To save yourself time, the best thing you can do is set up an appointment with us and let us go over the documents you need. If you do not have them, we can help you find them through the revenue agency. Filing corporate taxes can be a long and difficult process—let us help!

No. Make sure you know what designation your accountant has and if they are the right one for you! Having an accountant with a designation that is not specific to your needs could end up costing you more money in the end. Our accountants are always certified with appropriate designations.

This is a great question and one that we often get! There are several forms that you will need, such as ones that show income, business and home expenses, and car repairs. Our best advice is to get in touch with us as these forms have different titles depending on your location. We can give you a more detailed list of what you need and where to find it!

There are many business costs that you can claim as tax deductibles and some that you cannot. For example, some business gifts can be written off, but others cannot. The boundaries can sometimes be blurred on what qualifies as a tax write off. Having one of our certified accountants help you with your business tax filing can clear up all of your questions.

We would advise you to keep any document that shows income or deductions along with your tax records for six to seven years.

No. The whole process is actually a lot easier than you may think! Once you find a new accountant that you like, you or your accountant can send a takeover letter to your former accountant. This will allow all your files and information to be released and taken over by your new accountant.

There are three different business structures:

Sole proprietorships

Each one is treated differently by tax law, having one of our accountants work with you can help outline what tax laws apply to your business!

Contact us now at (780) 221-7736 or through our online contact form. One of our agents will be in touch with you as soon as possible!

What Our Clients Say About Bookkeeping, Tax Preparation and Payroll Services.

Review us on Google

"They don't treat you as clients, but as people."
Dustin Babiuk-Chanin
"Great tax service, very professional and honest, definitely responsive and good quality advice."
Sharmarke Ali
"They bring both heart and professionalism to their work."
Gord Oaks